National Junior Olympic Qualifiers - Let's Get Ready!!
This summer we plan to send ALL of our teams to the National Junior Olympic (NJO) Qualifiers in June! Now's the time to start preparing athletes and families and to make the commitment!
This is an exciting event for water polo teams as they compete with other teams in our area to earn the chance to compete in the National Junior Olympics ("NJOs") at the end of July. We're fortunate the NJOs will be held in the Bay Area this year - keeping our families local and saving on hotel, travel, and meal expenses.
So, what does it take to get ready?
- Commitment by our Families:
- In addition to the summer season registration fee, there's an additional charge to cover the entry fee into the NJO Qualifiers. Last year the fee was approximately $200 per athlete. Each team played 5 games at the Qualifiers.
- If your athlete's team qualifies to compete in the NJOs in July, there is an additional fee per athlete.
- We're excited to be part of the largest water polo club in Northern California! We want to show our pride in our organization and let people know who we are! Therefore, all athletes must wear a Lamorinda team suit to both Qualifier and NJO games. Suits may be purchased here. Additional apparel for athletes and fans can be purchased here.
- Mark your calendars!
- NJO Qualifiers TBD - likely weekend of June 9 and June 16
- NJO Session 1 - July 21-24: 12,14,16,18 BOYS
- NJO Session 2 - July 26-29: 10, 12,14,16,18 GIRLS and 10U Coed
- USA Water Polo Gold Level Membership is required for participation in Qualifiers and NJOs. Additionally, all athletes must complete Birth Date Verification (a one-time process, more info here).
Commitment by our Athletes:
- Practice, practice, PRACTICE! Don't miss practice! What you do in practice is what you'll do in a game. If you miss practice, then you'll be missing fundamental skills required to make you successful in a game. It takes a team to play the game. If members of the team are missing from practice, those who DO attend practice are missing out by you not being there.
- Attend tournaments! If you don't practice what you learn, you won't be ready to compete.
For additional information, please visit USA Water Polo National Junior Olympics