Guy Baker, Executive Director
3x Olympic Medalist, 2x World Champion
7x NCAA Collegiate Champion
2023 Junior Olympics
The USA Water Polo National Junior Olympic Championships ("JOs") is the largest club water polo tournament in the nation. Teams come to California from all over the country to compete over a 4-day period each July. The location alternates each year between northern California (Bay Area, headquartered at Stanford) and southern California (Irvine area, headquartered at Woollett Aquatic Center in Irvine).
To earn a chance to compete in the Championship Tournament, all teams participate in Qualifying Tournaments ("Quals") held in June. These dates are below. Athletes must participate in the Quals to be eligible participate in the Championship Tournament.
We work hard all year to get ready for the quals. NOW is the time for athletes and their families to make the commitment to shoot for the JOs!
- Participation in Junior Olympics is not mandatory, but highly encouraged. It’s the culmination of months of hard work by the athletes and coaches, and is an amazing and exciting experience for the athletes and their families to compete against teams from all over the country!
- Qualifier Tournaments - Athletes must participate in the Qualifying Tournament ("Quals") in mid-June to be eligible to play in the Championship Tournament (late July).
Fees - there are two separate fees to participate in the Junior Olympics in addition to the summer registration fee.
1. In order to ensure enough interest/availability to field a team for JOs, a Commitment Fee of $200 per player is due prior to the Quals. This fee covers entry fees, coach salaries, etc for the Quals only. If a player is not selected for the team, or there aren't enough players to enter a team in the Quals, the Commitment Fee will be refunded. Otherwise the fee is not refundable.
2. If the team qualifies to advance to the Junior Olympics, a Final Fee is due prior to the Championship Tournament. This fee covers entry fees, coach salaries and travel costs. The fee varies and is based on the number of players on the team and the number of games to be played. The final fee ranges from $250-500 per athlete.
- Gold Level Membership with USA Water Polo is required to participate. Upgrade your child's membership by logging into his/her account. The upgrade takes effect immediately and should be done at the same time the Commitment Fee is paid to ensure your child is qualified for a spot on the roster.
- Birth Date Verification with USA Water Polo is required to confirm age eligibility. This is a once-in-a-lifetime process with a $5 fee and takes several days to complete. Expedited processing is available with an additional fee. Login to your child's account to complete the process.
- Transportation, accommodation, meals, and admission fees to the Quals and Championship Tournament are the responsibility of each family. Lamorinda Water Polo will secure a block of rooms at a hotel in the area.
- A Lamorinda team suit is required for JOs. Click here to purchase. Purchase team apparel and swag for athletes and their fans here.
- All Team JO Kick Off Event - TBD
- Practice, Practice, PRACTICE! DON'T MISS PRACTICE!
- Lamorinda Roster Selection & Playing Time Policy
2023 Pacific Zone Qualification Tournaments
June TBD (generally the second weekend)
10U Coed, 12U Coed, 14U Girls, 14U Boys
June TBD (generally the third weekend)
16U Girls, 16U Boys, 18U Girls, 18U Boys
Lamorinda-Brentwood Team Kick Off Event
2023 Junior Olympics:
Orange County, CA
Session 1: July 15 - 18: 14U Boys, 16U Boys, 18U Boys
Session 2: July 20 - 23: 10U Coed, 12U Coed, 14U Girls, 16U Girls, 18U Girls
Contact us with any questions!