Guy Baker, Executive Director
3x Olympic Medalist, 2x World Champion
7x NCAA Collegiate Champion
The Junior Olympics have been canceled for 2020
The USA Water Polo National Junior Olympic Championships ("JOs") is the largest water polo tournament in the nation. Teams come to California from all over the country to compete over a 4-day period each July*. The location alternates each year between northern California (Bay Area, headquartered at Stanford) and southern California (headquartered at Woollett Aquatic Center in Irvine). *In 2020, due to the restrictions of COVID-19, the JOs have been rescheduled and will take place in both northern and southern California. The dates are below.
To earn a chance to compete in one of the divisions - Championship, Classic or Invitational - teams participate in one or two qualifying tournaments normally held in June, now TBD in 2020. These dates are also below. Athletes must participate in the qualifying rounds to be eligible participate in the championship tournaments.
We work hard all year to get ready for the JO Qualifiers. NOW is the time for athletes and their families to make the commitment to shoot for the JOs!
- PARTICIPATION in Junior Olympics is not mandatory, but highly encouraged. It’s the culmination of months of hard work by the athletes and coaches, and is an amazing experience for the athletes and their families to compete against teams from all over the country.
FEES- there are fees to participate in the Junior Olympics in addition to the summer registration fee.
- A Commitment Fee of $200 is due prior to the Qualifying Tournaments. If a player is not selected for a team, the Commitment Fee will be refunded; otherwise the fee is non-refundable.
-The Final Fee is due prior to the Championship Tournament. This fee covers entry fees and coach salaries and travel costs. The fee varies and is based on the number of players on the team and the number of games played. The fee ranges from $250-400 per athlete.
- Qualifier Tournaments - Athletes must participate in the Qualifier Tournaments to be eligible to play in the Championship Tournament.
- Gold Level Membership with USA Water Polo is required to participate. Upgrade your child's membership by logging into his/her account. The upgrade takes effect immediately and should be done at the same time the Commitment Fee is paid to ensure your child's spot on the roster.
- Birth Date Verification process with USA Water Polo must be completed to confirm age eligibility. This is a once-in-a-lifetime process with a $5 fee and takes several days to complete. Expedited processing is available with an additional fee. Login to your child's account to complete the process.
- Transportation, accommodation, meals, and admission fees to the Qualifiers and Championship Tournament are the responsibility of each family. Lamorinda Water Polo will secure a block of rooms at a hotel in the area.
- A Lamorinda team suit is mandatory. Click here to purchase. Purchase team apparel and swag for athletes and their fans here.
- Team JO Kick Off Event - TBD Due to COVID-19 Shelter in Place
- Practice, Practice, PRACTICE! DON'T MISS PRACTICE!
- Lamorinda Roster Selection & Playing Time Policy
2020 Pacific Zone Qualification Tournaments - TBA
All Team Kick Off Event
2020 Junior Olympics Championship Tournaments
Session 1 - November 21-24, 2020, Stanford, California
Boys & Girls 10U, 12U and 14U
Session 2 - December 27-30, 2020, Irvine, California
Boys & Girls 16U & 18U
Contact us with any questions!