Swim Meet Survival and How to Sign Up
We mainly compete in USA sanctioned meets. Our LSC, Pacific Swimming (PC) is divided into five zones and BSW is a member of Zone 2. BSW participates in meets held within Zone 2, usually every 4-6 weeks during the swim year.These meets are local and open to all levels of swimming. Age Group swimmers who meet the qualifying time standards also attend PacificSwimming's championship meets including Junior Olympics and Far Westerns. Senior/National level swimmers who meet the qualifying standards attend regional senior meets such as the Speedo Series Sectional Championships, Grand Prix Series events and Jr. & Senior National events. Age group competition divisions at swim meets consist of 10 & under, 11-12, 13-14, and15-18 years of age. Time standards for each group may be found by visiting Pacific Swimming Time Standards.
How to Sign Up for a Swim Meet Online
- Go to Swim Connection Online Meet Entries
- On the first visit toward the bottom, right click on the "Signup Now!" box (this is FREE) and follow the instructions.
- Do not forget the “My Swimmers” tab toward the top to add your swimmer(s). The Swimming Association is “Pacific Swimming” and the Team Code is “BSW.” Your swimmer's Registration I.D., if you have not received their card yet, is a combination of their name and birthday (forexample: Bonnie S. Wilson born on 2/5/08 would be 020508BONSWILS).
- From the "Enter Meets" tab find the meet the team is going to under Upcoming Meets. If the meet status is open, then click on that meet.
- Click on the "online meet entry" box.
- To the right of your swimmer's name click on the "Enter" box.
- Either click on the "Get All Best Times" box or click on each individual "Best" box next to the events your swimmer would like to swim. (If this is your swimmer's first USA swim meet, if they have only swum short course and this is a long course meet or they are swimming an event for the first time, ask their coach for help with entry times).
- Click the "Save" box at the bottom left.
- Click on the "Go to Payment Page" box above your swimmer's name and their events.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- For additional assistance, refer to Online Meet Entry Sign Up Help.
Swim Meet Survival
- Preparing for the Meet:
- Be sure to sign up right away! Refer to instructions below. Meets often close fast and you could get bumped out. If your swimmer is new to USA Swimming, ask the coach for suggested events to swim and the times to enter.
- Download Deck Pass and Meet Mobile on your mobile phone.
- Shop for healthy snacks.
- Coaches will tell your swimmer if he/she needs to shave, etc., to prepare for the meet.
- Packing for the Meet:
- Consider bringing a pop-up if you haven't made arrangements to share with someone. Bring folding chairs, foldable wagon, cooler with waters/gatorades, chocolate milk and healthy snacks such as hard boiled eggs, fruit, and granola bars. Almost all swim meets will have a snack bar for breakfast and lunches.
- During the Meet:
- Swimmers should check in with coaches before and after races. Swimmers show up typically no later than 7:30 am for a 9:00 am meet start. If you have a timing assignment, be sure to know what time you need fulfill the assignment.
- After the Meet:
- Clean up your area when you leave as a courtesy to the host team. You can also pick up and final ribbons.
Useful Mobile Apps
Deck Pass is an online platform that tracks swimmers’ times and rewards them with digital incentives. USA Swimming members can track their best times, set goals, check their IMX scores and earn digital patches for their achievements. All swimmers can track their times via the logbook and also set personal goals. Deck Pass also allows you to connect with friends and family and you can also share your achievements by connecting your account to Facebook.
This app is very useful anytime you want to check your swimmers’ times from your mobile phone.
Most swim meets BSW attends have host teams who are using Meet Mobile. Download the Meet Mobile: Swim app to get swim meet results in real-time from anywhere, view heat sheets and lane assignments, and more! This is your complete meet program in one mobile app