County Health News, Practice Schedule, Meet Schedule
We want to update parents on the most recent county health guidelines from Contra Costa County Health Services, our practice schedule going forward and scheduled meets. Keep in mind that this is a very fluid situation that may change suddenly, so be sure to check your email and practice schedule for the most up to date information.
As of now, our practice will continue as scheduled. Please check the practice schedule for any updates on practice changes: PRACTICE SCHEDULE
Some meets on our schedule may be cancelled. Junior Olympics for this weekend has been cancelled due to Santa Clara County's mandatory shutdown of large mass gathering events, and it is possible that more meets on our schedule could be cancelled. The meet director for the meet will send an email to those that are signed up to notify parents if the meet has been cancelled, and we will also update the meet schedule on our website if a meet is cancelled.
CCHS shared the best ways for all Contra Costa residents to reduce their risk of becoming infected with COVID-19:
- Stay home from school or work when you are sick- KEEP SWIMMERS HOME WHEN SICK
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cover coughs or sneezes with disposable tissue or the crook of an elbow
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Use a barrier, such as a paper towel or tissue, to touch commonly touched surfaces, such as bathroom door handles and elevator buttons
- Bump elbows or bow instead of shaking hands
- Regularly clean frequently touched surfaces
- Get vaccinated against the flu if you haven’t already
- If you have recently returned from a country, state or region with ongoing COVID-19 infections, monitor your health and follow the instructions of public health officials
- If you are ill, call your health careprovider before visiting. Phone consultation may be adequate
- Avoid non-essential trips to emergency rooms, hospitals, nursing homes and long-term care facilities. If your loved ones are there, substitute in person visits for phone or video visits
- Check in by phone with friends, family and neighbors that are at risk of serious illness
For more information, please visit the Contra Costa Health Services webpage by using these links: https://cchealth.org/
We will continue to take direction from the CCHS and the local school districts, and as always the safety of our swimmers is of utmost importance. We will continue to update you as more information is available.
BSW Coaches & Board